UAE Road Cycling Championship - Stage 1
Sorry, it is only possible to rate an event within 10 days.
15 people have rated this event.
“Great course, closed roads and good organisation. Very expensive given that there is almost nothing included other than the race - no goody bag, very limited nutrition/breakfast, not even a finishers medal. ”
“Please draw attention on a logistics and venue part, where the start/finish is located. On the Stage 1 the toilet was not working and it was absolutely awful. People created an absolute mess inside and it was impossible to walk in. So I kept all inside myself until the finish, and it was not comfortable at all .... Apart of that all was great. Just may be to add photographers during the race. It's always good to have nice pics from the race.
“Public toilets at the event start finish having no running water/paper etc when over a hundred participants are looking to use is pretty poor.”
“Great route and enjoyable race but costly compared to races in Abu Dhabi. No water in the toilets.”
“1. No water in the toilets!
2. The race pack is really poor, there is nothing!
3. Roads closed or with really limited access to cars, bikers giving the right direction at almost each intersection.
4. Maybe needs more signalisation, like kilometers to go.
5. You just finish your race and someone jump on you to get back the timing chip!
6. Need a small savory bite at the end of the race.
7. No finisher medal.
“Not bad, but ..1st experience- saying there’s toilets st the line was a joke. Conditions were 3rd world. I’m told it was the same last year. I’d rather be told - no, or v basic toilets. Come on? No water? Crazy. Ok they’re municipality’s toilets, but fro experience, tell people (who’ve travelled for hours) or pay for portable ones from the outrageously expensive entry fee.
For my money, I got a banana and had to search for water.
ADSC do it SO much better - (coffee stand etc) and way cheaper”
“Quite good event. Well run and the support staff worked hard to make it as successful event.
Very good route chosen. ”
Edited on 16.10.2018
“١- المسار ممتاز جبلي صعب وممتع
٢- عجبني سرعه نشر النتائج
٣- قيمه الاشتراك في السباق عاليه خصوصا لان جميع المشاركين لم يحصلوا على ميدليات مشاركه او جيرسي
٤- عدم تكريم اول ثلاثه للفئه العمريه والاكتفاء بالاول فقط
٥- هناك دوار باعلى بالطريق لم يكن فيه مرشد ولقد خسرت وقت لاضاعتي الطريق
٦- التموين بالماء كان ممتاز ولايهم ان كان غير بارد لان بدون ااتموين لم استطيع اكمال السباق خصوصا بعد سقوط مطاره ماء مني
٧- التتويج بالقمصان فكره جميله ومشاركه سعاده الامين العام لاتحاد الدراجات ممتازه”
“1. Brilliant promptness on results.
2. Great route
3. Price too high for an event done by UAE cycling federation wherein ADSC does it so nominally priced to welcome more cyclists.
4. Finish line arrangements were removed before the last rider finished the race. Such a demotivator. Event was more focused on elite riders.
5. Very poor management on support stations wherein the water was not even cold.
5. Last station had water run out. Marshalls were so laid back.
6. Not even a finisher medal? ”
“Something has changed in the way the UAE Federation organizes its events and it’s a change for the better. Closed roads, safety, live results, good support: at last a race of high standards.
The price for the event, especially since it’s a Federation event and not a private one, is ridiculously high though.
Also, the pre-race communication needs to improve. One can only find out what time the race started and what was the exact route after he registered. Not enough info before registration. ”
“Here are my comments:
1 like the sms communication. Quick and concise
2. Toilets had no water after 5:30.
3. Hydration stations and staff were pathetic and not organized
4. Was almost pulled off my bike by organizing staff one bike length length over the finish line demanding the time chip. Could have been handled more elegantly and this really put a damper on the experience.
5. Felt event was more catered to pros and elite amateurs”
“1. Support station ran out of water, they should keep cold water
2. There should be a Medal, for the price being charged l.
3. Directional signage should be increased, improved. We took a wrong turn around Munay only to be redirected by village locals to go in the right direction at the roundabout . No signage seen there ”
“The number of people in the support stations was not enough leading to unnecessary stresses.
Overall an excellent event. Congratulations.”