Bike direction will follow the normal traffic direction
• All participants shall wear a protective helmet, undamaged and unaltered, which meets or exceeds the safety standards of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC).
• The helmet must be fastened before the participant first mounts the bicycle; at all times when the participant is on the bicycle and must not be unfastened until the participant has dismounted.
• Triathlon time trial bikes are NOT ALLOWED or BIKES WITH AERO BARS.
• No tandems, recumbent and fairings, or any add-on devices designed exclusively to reduce resistance are allowed.
• Solid disc wheels are allowed.
• Any new, ‘unusual’, or prototype equipment will be subject to a determination of legality by the Chief Race Referee.
• Athletes must be individually responsible for the repair and maintenance of their own bikes. Assistance by anyone other than technical support officials will be grounds for disqualification. Cyclists should be prepared for any malfunction