Join a Dubai tradition! Take part in The Terry Fox Run for cancer research, hosted at Expo 2020 Dubai on Saturday, February 5, 2022!
Do not miss this festive international event to celebrate the legacy of Terry Fox, a Canadian amputee athlete, humanitarian, and cancer research activist who ran 5,373 km across Canada to raise funds for cancer research in 1980.
There are two ways to participate: an in person at Expo 2020 Dubai, or a Virtual Run.
In Person: Held the day following World Cancer Day, this non-competitive fun run will travel through the amazing pavilions and features of the Expo 2020 Dubai site. This family event, 3 or 5 km, is open to all ages and abilities - strollers are welcome, and you can run or walk the course. The course will start and end at Jubilee Park, just beside the Canada Pavilion at Expo 2020.
Event fee: AED 100. Free for children 18 years old and under. All participant will receive three Expo 2020 entry tickets allowing access to the Expo site. All net proceeds from registration will be donated to Al Jalila Foundation to support cancer research projects in the UAE in partnership with The Terry Fox Foundation.
If you wish to make a further donation, you can do so here:
Virtual Run: You can also run virtually, running or walking any distance, anywhere, anytime, making a donation of any amount, at .
Be ready to have fun and support cancer research together - see you on the start line!
All participants receive an entry day pass to Expo 2020 for the run, as well as 2 additional free day passes for supporters which can be used by any of their family or supporters only on run day.
Any extra supporters aged 18 – 59 years will need to purchase an Expo 2020 Dubai entry ticket to watch and support.
For Expo 2020 Dubai entry pricing, please click here.
Multiple options are available and include Metro, Taxi or Drive
For those driving please follow signage to Mobility Parking.
In addition, The RTA will be opening the Dubai Metro system from 05:00hrs on the morning of the run to the Expo 2020 Metro station.
The course takes in many of the iconic buildings and architecture of Expo 2020.
Highlights include Al Wasl, the three thematic pavilions, Jubilee Park, and many of the International Participant pavilions.
Your entry to the run includes an entry pass to EXPO 2020 so why not stay on-site and enjoy everything Expo 2020 has to offer!
Go to the Super Sports website at supersportsuae.com – search for Run Results and then find your respective event and follow the links from there.
• Find your name and click on it to view your certificate.
• Timings on the certificate are not relative but have to be there in order to produce the certificate.
• These times can not be amended!
This can be run by you at anytime and any distance on or before the event date.
A particiation certificate will be issued in the same way as if you attended the live event.
Please send a screenshot and any photos of your run to #TerryFoxRunDubai
• Participants to wear a mask before the start and once you finish the event (no need to wear a mask while participating).
• Staff will wear masks for the entire duration of the event and sanitize regularly.
• Self-social distancing of 2m at all times except when participating.
• Self-service water stations out on course and at the finish line
• Several sanitize stations in the run village and surrounding areas.
• If you feel unwell on the morning of the event with flu-like symptoms, please stay at home!
All information regarding the event can be found in the Event Downloads section of this event on Premier Online, so ensure you have a clear understanding of the event as well as what the course will look like / entail.
Certificate, Certificate, 3 x Entry passes to EXPO for day of Run, Water, Cookies for participants, Post-event mini-concert by Swheta Subram Band
Premier Online guarantees your right to cancel and receive a refund (subject to applicable fees) for paid events within specified time limits.
* Some events have multiple start times and many events request attendees to arrive by a certain time; Please check the Event Information section above for details or contact the organizer for clarification.