This iconic route, a non-competitive cycle challenge dated back early 2000's when a group of great cyclists used to ride to Nizwa and back, takes you ٍSouthwest from Muscat, through the stunning Al Hajar Mountains across to Nizwa the ancient city in the Al Dakhiliyah region of northern Oman.
The route stretches 140-150km each way with approx1300m elevation gain/loss along smooth tarmac roads.
Day one: Friday 21 January 2022 Muscat to Nizwa
Start point from: Al Maha Petrol Pump (Al Bahja Mall), Google map code: J67X+Q8R, Seeb , 6.30am start.
Day two: Saturday 22 January 2022 Nizwa to Muscat
Start point from Nizwa grand mall car park, Google map code: VGCQ+94R, Nizwa, 6.30am start
• There will be one support car carrying water. The car will take a small bag for your overnight stay from Muscat to Nizwa and return it to Muscat the next day.
• Please come prepared with all the spare items you need for your bike - any extras can also be taken for you by the support car.
• There are a good number of great hotels located close to Nizwa Grand mall, so please make your own bookings.
• We will ride as one group, average speed is 26-30km/h. Those cycling at a slower pace will have to ride on their own.
• Please make sure you’re in a good level of fitness and ability to cycle long distances at this average to enable you to enjoy and complete the ride
• You can chooses to go both ways or go one way only. Please note that of you do one leg only, you will need someone to meet you in Nizwa to collect you and your bike
|Refund Policy:||Premier Online guarantees your right to cancel and receive a refund (subject to applicable fees) for paid events within specified time limits.|
* Some events have multiple start times and many events request attendees to arrive by a certain time; please check the Information and FAQs sections above for details or contact the organizer for clarification.