Climb To Abu Dhabi
|Start Time||from 08:30 am*|
|*some events may have multiple start times, please check details below.|
This event occurred in the past; information is likely to be out of date.
|Event Overview:||Defying gravity, the vertical ascent up a city tower has literally taken the world by storm. Originating in the late 70s, the sport of ‘Vertical Marathons’ (also called ‘Tower Running’) has now spread to every continent, with the UAE’s capital set to join the list of world’s iconic towers. Under the initiative of the Abu Dhabi Sports Council and hosted by the Etihad Towers, The Climb to Abu Dhabi will see the world’s best professionals and amateurs climb up 82 floors / 1,617 steps|
|Start Time:||08:30 am|
|Race Pack Collection:||Tuesday 24 January: Technogym Showroom, Abu Dhabi (11am-5pm), Reebok Store, Dubai Marina Mall (1-8pm) Wednesday 25 January: Etihad Towers, Residential Tower 5, Ground Floor (11am-8pm), Reebok Store, Yas Mall (1-8pm)|
|Included:||Certificate, Goody Bag, Live Results, Medal, Refreshments, Timing, Official Race Tshirt by Reebok|
|Refund Policy:||Premier Online guarantees your right to cancel and receive a refund or credit within specified time limits.|
|Start Location:||Tower 2 and Tower 3 - Etihad Towers|
|Finish Location:||Tower 2 - Observatory Level 82 / Tower 3 - 32nd Floor|
|Parking Info:||Limited Parking at Etihad Towers - Free for 4 Hours|
|Support Stations:||Water, First Aid|
Terms and Conditions
1. Participants must be 12 years of age or older on the day of the event. The Organising Committee has the right to verify age of participants before, during and after the race.
2. All participants must ensure they are medically and physically fit to participate in the race. Completion of his or her entry confirms the participant’s agreement to the disclaimer and rules and regulations of the event.
3. The Organising Committee reserves the right to refuse entry for any applicant who provides false information, does not make the required payment or fails to meet entry requirements.
4. The Organising Committee will not be liable for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, and howsoever arising from the event.
5.The Organising Committee reserves the right to close entries before the deadline without any notice once the race quota is full.
6. The Organising Committee will cover the race with public liability only. Runners should be responsible for their own personal accident insurance.
7. The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs and recordings taken during the event, for legitimate purposes, including commercial advertising.
8. By submitting his or her entry, each applicant agrees to observe and accept all Terms and Conditions of the race in force from time to time introduced by the Event Organiser.
1. Participants must follow instructions as given from all event officials including race staff, volunteers, medical personnel and security officers before, during and after the event.
2. All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event.
3. No official result will be given to runners who do not start in the race time assigned to them by the Organising Committee.
4. Every participant shall be provided with a race number, which MUST be worn on the front of shirts and be visible at all times during the event. The race number may not be exchanged with or transferred/sold to any other person. No participant shall be permitted to participate in the event without the appropriate number.
5. Participants must retire from the race immediately, if asked / requested to do so by any member of the officials, medical personnel and security officers.
6. For prize winners or potential prize winners wishing to dispute the results, Protest Form must be submitted to Race Director within 30 minutes after the results published or immediately after the prize presentation, whichever is earlier.
7. For all other participants, disputes and appeals regarding the results must be submitted in writing within 5 days of the announcement of the results, with return email address. The organiser reserve the right not to entertain any protest or dispute submitted 5 working days after the event.
All participants acknowledge and accept the following terms and conditions of participation, registration and payment when registering using the Premier Online services and when participating in the registered event.
I, the Premier Online account owner (registrant) and on behalf of anyone I register through my Premier Online account on their behalf (referred to as my others), in consideration of and as a condition of acceptance of my / their entry in the footrace / cycle race / triathlon / mixed discipline or other as described event for myself, my others, my heirs, executors and administrators hereby waive any claim, right of claim, cause of any action which I or they might have arising out of loss of my life or injury, damage or loss of any description whatsoever which I or my others may suffer or sustain in the course or consequent upon my or my others' entry or participation in the event.
I know that participating in such an event is a potentially hazardous activity. I and my others assume all risks associated with participating in this event, including but not limited to falls, contact with other participants, the effects of weather, traffic and the conditions of the road / sea / water / trail or other course, all such risks being known and appreciated by me and my others.
This waiver, release and discharge shall be and operate separately in favor of all persons, corporations and bodies involved with or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging the event and the servants, agents, representatives and officers of any of them.
I and my others satisfy all entry requirements as set out.
I and my others attest that I am / we are physically fit and medically able to complete part or the entirety of the course without jeopardising my / our health or life and consent to receive medical treatment that may be advisable in the event of illness or injuries suffered by me / my others during this event.
I and my others give free permission for the free use of our names, voices or pictures in any broadcast, telecast, advertising promotion or other account of this event.
I acknowledge that Premier Online guarantees my right to cancel my / my others registration (cancellation fees apply) up to a period not less than 30 days prior to the event date. Cancellations after this time may be possible but are determined by the published schedule set by the event organiser.
I acknowledge that should the event be cancelled and I purchased the applicable Event Cancellation / Postponement Cover (ECC) at the time of registration, the entry fees I paid will be refunded in full in the same manner they were paid. Account holders who chose not to purchase the applicable Event Cancellation / Postponement Cover (ECC) at the time of registration will have a 7 day period in which to cancel their registration(s) and choose to receive either a refund or online credit, less applicable cancellation fees. Registrations still pending at the end of 7 days will have the associated registration fees credited (less applicable cancellation fee) to the registrant's Premier Online account.
I acknowledge that should the event be postponed and I purchased the applicable Event Cancellation / Postponement Cover (ECC) at the time of registration, I will have a 7 day period (or less if the event is rescheduled to less than 2 weeks time) to notify the Premier Online Help Center of my desire to cancel my registration(s) and refund or credit my entry fees in full. Registrations still held after the published time limit will no longer be canceled and will be automatically carried over to the new event date, ECC cover remains intact for the new date. Registrants who chose not to purchase the applicable Event Cancellation / Postponement Cover (ECC) at the time of registration will have a a 7 day period (or less if the event is rescheduled to less than 2 weeks time) to cancel and refund or credit their entry fees themselves, online and normal cancellation fees will apply. Registrations still held after the published time limit will no longer be canceled and will be automatically carried over to the new event date.
I and my others understand that no liability of any kind will attach to any person, corporation or body involved in connection with the event in case of cancellation or postponement.
I and my others agree to abide by the conditions of the event as stated in the declaration above and upon literature and other material distributed in connection with the event. I understand by registering myself and or my others for any event I fully accept the Terms & Conditions governing the use of the Premier Online website and these Terms and Conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
The event organizer reserves the right to reject any entry, and further reserves the right to change the details of the above referenced event without prior notice.
Categories & Fees
|Challenger||82 Floors||11:00 am||
M (16 - 99)
F (16 - 99)
|Individual Challenge||32 Floors||12:15 pm||
M (16 - 99)
F (16 - 99)
|Corporate/Team Relay||82 Floors||10:30 am||M/F 16-99||*|
|Family Relay||32 Floors||01:00 pm||M/F 12-99||*|
|CTAD HANDBOOK 2017.pdf (1.5 MB)|